View Single Post
Old 07-08-2015, 06:03 PM
The Dominican
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: 747 captain

Originally Posted by Eldee5 View Post
I will take your argument TP. The attrition is not exorbitant right at this moment. But how do you reconcile EK's expansion plans with the needed pool of pilots to support it? DL has over 10,000 applications on file. Shouldn't a prestigious airline such as EK show this kind of interest? Not to mention the fact that they have the advantage of pooling from the entire world. The big 3 can only hire green card holders at best, and they're still doing better. It's just that, the math doesn't add up. Since I left EK, I have been getting countless emails from friends and people I flew with, looking for tips on how to join the big 3. This should not be happening. Period. This was the central point of my argument. They need to incentivize the profession, and not let their misplaced egos get in the way of attracting, and keeping great qualified applicants. No?
The 10,000 aplications at DAL are not exclusive...., these folks are the same pool of applicants that have applied to UAL, CAL, SWA, Kallita, and just about everywhere they can go except their current regional job...., hell some of them even have applications with the ME3

US pilots will always prefer to come back home to work rather than being an expat..., that is just natural, the reason why there is so much interest on the US3 is because they are hiring, simple as that.

EK will always find the pilots they need...., always! Because at the end of the day...., there are a lot of pilots in this world with crappy jobs.