Thread: Allegiant Air
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2015, 10:45 PM
EngFail
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2015

Originally Posted by MD80driver2day View Post
I'm only quoting you because the mobile app is making me include a quote.

So if the big road block to moving forward with negotiations is dues check off, and dues check off has been the downfall of the other two unions, then let's say to heck with dues check off for now. We can pay our dues as responsible adults. Let's not hold up a contract on this. I'm sure PayPal or some other means is available to the union.

Threatening a pilot with termination for not paying dues is ridiculous anyway. Per the RLA we pay dues or the agency fee. The union can and will get their money.

Let's see how serious the company really is about negotiating.
The downfall of the other two unions has been a lack of unity and fortitude. The only downfall thus far has been legal rulings that have not gone our way. The problem has never been whether or not the pilots are willing and able to strike. Management will cave once they see that sky high stock price plummet. With only the threat of a strike the stock dropped like a rock.

Dues check off is the holy grail of union busting. Very simple equation; take away the money and defund the union. Any contract is worthless without legal enforcement. The next battle will be compliance and interpretation. This management will attempt to slime around any contract that is signed. G4’s word means nothing. Our pwr has signatures and was signed with handshakes; sure looks like a contract. Million dollar F&H attorneys made sure g4 management would be insulated from it.

There will always be that 10 percent at every airline that will refuse to pay dues and plenty of people who will forget. Let g4 collect it. It will only be g4 managements objection till the end of the 30 day cooling off period. If, and only if we are released. G4 management will be made to sign off on dues check off; only if released and after the 30 day cooling off. G4 management has more to lose, and therefore does not have the stomach for a true fight. I for one understand the importance of keeping the coffers full with as much cash as possible to fight F&H attorneys.

Dues check off would be worth that battle every time.