View Single Post
Old 07-10-2015, 08:56 PM
GunshipGuy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: Permanently scarred

Originally Posted by Carl Spackler View Post
DPA didn't have a stronger supporter than me. I think my first card was among the first 20. With that in mind, here's what I think our priorities should be:

1. Recall all YES voting reps...because this current rep assembly will back the current administration to the end.

2. Recall the MEC chairman and most of the entire MEC administration.

3. Re-engage with management per Section 6 of the RLA while running negotiations with professionals who have never had an affiliation with ALPA.

4. If ALPA national DARES to stick its nose in our negotiations or try to threaten us with funds withholding, immediately start the drive to replace ALPA as the bargaining agent.

5. If ALPA backs down, they get to stay on as Delta pilots' agent for world political issues. If they don't back down, they're gone.

This gives us the best of all worlds. We force ALPA to change from within by using the leverage of 12,000 Delta pilots. If they refuse, it will be the arrogant end of a union that lost its way.

Carl
Wholeheartedly agree. I juste renewed my card the day after the TA was voted to go to memrat. I'll write them and have them remove my name if DPA gets close to happening. DPA should stand down while we have this opportunity to make much needed change.