View Single Post
Old 07-11-2015, 08:15 AM
GenX
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2013

On vacation correct, however times were always lean and numbers were tight as far as staffing. More numbers more movement. With the retirements coming up we can create productive and movement at the same time. I'm not sure if vacation sell back would look as bad now when we will start moving up fast. However, it would be a way to help balance productivity and create gains pay.

In anyway shape or form productivity means less pilots. Selling vacation beats selling scope or SL. Heck, add the 7th week, half would sell it back as pay. This is all predicated on us helping the company at all on productivity. Of course those who are opposed to any change what so ever any idea would sound bad. That being said, with the retirements for all airlines they probably do need productivity gains. I'm trying to think of ways to leverage that productivity into money and choices and productivity gains. In other words, finding the right balance for the right decade.

As far as reserve or any ideas, I wouldn't know the exact numbers to be used it was just a number I grabbed. Seemed to me if one would do extra should get paid extra. That being said, any numbers or ideas can be debated. My suggestions were more about the idea rather than the actual numbers.

I'm sure many ideas could be good or bad. I'm more or less trying to paint the big picture of what we can do to create choices to keep QOL pilots happy vs Pay driven along with getting pay raises for everyone and incentives for productivity for those who want to participate for increased pay. It could be a win-win for different types of pilots as well as a win for the company. The up and coming decade give us different options than the past.

At least if the discussion gets started we may find things that were unaccepted in the past would be accepted now. Vacation sell back was a jobs thing in the past. The pilots wanted trips touching and no sell back to create even more jobs as it was the only way to create movement. PBS never let trips touching happen so it was a worthless idea other than no sell back.

Like I said though it may be a good thing in the next decade to increase both pay, choices, and productivity. These are just some ideas, hopefully other will have more ideas.