View Single Post
Old 07-11-2015, 02:09 PM
Rocco
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Default Cargo Pay Rates (CPR)?

Seems a lot of fuss has been given to the pax business these days regarding pay and compensation. The two big US cargo carriers are embroiled in long drawn contract talks that seem to have no end in sight. Wonder why? Both companies (and all cargo outfits for that matter) are making lots of money. Orders are are up. Expansion and organic growth is happening at all the carriers except one (UPS).

In a world where you spend so much time and money getting qualified to just do this job you wonder if its worth it. When you figure how long (on average) it takes just to get there (10 years?)! Look at the pay rates at some of the carriers. Jeez when you figure the new national average minimum wage and throw in overtime for those jobs, is all that time away from home worth the little bit of extra money you make?

My question is this. What does the cargo business think the hourly rates for Captains and First Officers be?

I'll throw the first one out!

2015 Rates
$335 Wide Body Capt $235 WB F/O
$312 Narrow Body $219 NB F/O

Top of the pay scale. Assume a 2-3% raise per year for inflation. This to me would be the absolute bottom.
NB Captains get 93 % of WB pay.
F/O's get 70% of Captain pay (rounded up)