Old 07-09-2007, 06:42 PM
sigep_nm
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Default So how much are you worth? Here is a chance to chime in

So I know over the past year (and probably before that) we have had at least a hundred threads about how we as regional pilots are underpaid. I completely agree with what almost everyone has said, however I always come away empty handed on the answer, which "How much are you worth". So here is the opportunity for us all to give an honest answer.

I will start. All I have ever wanted in a job is to be paid an honest days pay, for an honest day of work. While we would all love to be paid 100 an hour f/o pay, its not realistic. I dont even believe that 50 an hour (some have actually requested this) is realistic, and in reality it makes us all look pretty silly. So this is what I want for a first year FO pay. $30 an hour is reasonable, which equates to roughly 30,000 a year to start. That is about the average blue collar pay across most of the country. I am choosing not to differentiate between jet vs. prop, even though hands down a 34 seat turboprop generates a much better operating cost than a 50 seat jet. Overall benefits seem to be not much of a concern to some people, but that is one area that we should be able to lobby more about. Nothing will bankrupt you quicker than not having health insurance, or even in certain cases having a subpar one. I am hoping to get some good positive feedback on this one, and please if you post a response put legitimate information, and something like, "i am a pilot and need to drive a BMW" Thanks for time and I look forward to some good information. RickAir777 care to start? Saaborowski fire away as well.