Old 07-09-2007, 08:16 PM
sigep_nm
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
I agree with you Slice. Mr. Fraternity Guy (who started the post), has no idea about worth yet because of his limited years of experience. $30,000 yearly for an airline pilot, is measley (to put it lightly). It may seem like a lot at 21 or 22 when you are in college drinking $12.00/case of Old Milwaukee in returnable bottles, but in reality, this type of pay, for the skill acquired and the dollars spent to acquire this skill is not sufficient.

Let's look at it another way. His suggestion of $30,000/yr annual pay is only (2) FULL CRJ 50's with each passenger paying $300 per ticket. Some of these CRJ's fly 4-7 legs a day, so this FO's annual salary and probably the Captain's salary too is paid with less than a full day of CRJ 50 utilization.
Ellen,
First off not fraternity and not 22. Am 27 now, have a wife and four year old child. Dont fly a CRJ200, 700, or 900. So instead of bashing me answer the question that was posed, or dont post at all. Also the question was not asking what a ten year FO should make or what the CRJ's are worth either...they have done enough damage to this industry as it is. I cant believe I have to ask this agian but, WHAT ARE YOU AS FO FIRST YEAR FO WORTH? Not that hard to answer, but I know you specialize in personal attacks, so now back to the point before you ruin this thread....By the way thank you saabarowski and the rest of you that have answered this thread in a proffesional manner