Old 07-15-2015, 10:23 AM
Joliet
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2013
Position: Shiny One

Originally Posted by StripAlert View Post
Umm... That is exactly what they have. Clearly you have never observed DALPA meeting.

I recently flew with one of our esteemed entrenched DALPA insiders. Very nice guy and we had great discussions. But boy did he get defensive when I brought up the feed trough and watering hole setup they treat themselves to on our dime. I called it "opulent" which he objected to, because opulent would be "like Jordan Belfort in Wall Street." Okay, so maybe that's not an accurate description. (If they were doing Jello shooters off strippers, that happened in closed session.) We were eventually able to settle on "excessive."

These guys justify it all in their minds saying, "Well we don't get to meet together and conduct union business very often, so it makes us more productive because guys don't have to scatter to get meals." I ceded the point for lunch, but noted that a hot breakfast spread before the meeting starts hardly qualifies. People can get their own on the way. And what I've seen is a long way from bagels and coffee from Dunkin' Donuts.

Cue the FPL apologists in three...two...one...
Are you a Delta pilot?

Do you enjoy where you are at in life? Your status?

Are you not reaping the benefits of the last contract that your union was able to achieve?

Do you really think they are operating any differently now than they did before?

Do you believe in trying to fix something that ain't broke?

Is this your first airline?

Is this your first contract?

Do you need someone to get you a box of tissues?

Maybe some cheese for that whine?

Tired of you holier than thou types.