View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 07:28 AM
Sluggo_63
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2005
Default Vacation Question-Sliding vs. Expanding

I just want to be sure that I'm reading the contract right regarding sliding and expanding vacation (since there's a lot of techniques out there, and some of them don't jive with what the contract says, or at least, what I think it says).

I have 8 days of vacation in August, but I have 76:36 hours in my bank.

If I bid a 68 CH month, with two 34 CH pairings, I can slide my vacation, touch both of those trips, and drop the whole thing as per 7.E.2.d.:
There is no maximum limit on the number of credit hours that may be touched by a vacation slide.

But, if I can only touch one of those pairings with a 5 day slide, I can not use expansion to knock out the other 34 CHs because of 7.E.3.b:
A vacation expansion shall not cause a vacation conflict that exceeds the credit hour value of the original vacation period by more than 6 CH. All days in the expanded vacation period shall be consecutive.

So, I'm better off bidding a line with two large CH pairings that I can touch with a slide, rather than trying to expand my vacation, because with the expansion I can only drop a maximum of 54 CH (48 + 6).

Is this right, or am I reading it wrong.

Thanks