View Single Post
Old 07-15-2015, 05:57 PM
notEnuf
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2015
Position: stake holder ir.delta.com

Originally Posted by SawF16 View Post
You do realize that you are quite likely only on the property right now because of the 717 agreement in C2012, right? The one that was structured very similarly to TA15? None of us has a clue whether the 190s are showing up or not. I'm personally of the opinion they aren't, but I don't go bleating it as fact like you have been with your opinions.

As for the "who cares?" argument... I certainly care about whether or not the company acquires more airframes. I guess whether I want to fly them or not, I want more flying at mainline and more pilots behind me. Maybe being stuck on the bottom for 6 years waiting for hiring instead of being a new hire straight into a line gives us different perspectives. I'm not losing sleep over it, but "who cares?" is kind of a ridiculous perspective on this.

For the life of me I cant figure out why any of the parties allowed the contingency into the purchase agreement and TA this time around, but it's clearly there. It's a very clear, real consequence of our vote. If you are really planning to run for an LEC seat, you really need to at least honestly acknowledge that there are pros and cons to both sides of every deal we are likely to make. Pretending like the downsides of the course we choose don't exist isn't going to get us very far.
Unless these were growth airframes, it will not matter. Near term capacity projections are down to flat. 2015 will not be a growth year other than JVs and acquisitions.

2015 will be a highly profitable year because of fuel and capacity discipline. This will show up in your profit sharing without you reporting for a single trip. Profit sharing is the great equalizer, if they outsource to become more profitable you get more of a share. Try converting that to rates, rates ,rates.

Delta profit soars, buoyed by lower fuel costs - MarketWatch