Thread: Allegiant Air
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2015, 04:14 PM
G4er
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015

Originally Posted by ValuGiant View Post
Wow....that didn't take long to respond. Something I said must have hit home.

First, I too came from a regional and was very happy when I first hired. I was home every night with lots of time off. Now...I routinely work stretches of 13 out of 15 days and a stretch of 3 days off is a rarity. My wife was happy at first, but now she has given me her 100% support to seek employment elsewhere. A three or four day trip with a stretch of days off after sounds like a dream to us now. You are going to ask if I have applied to a regional and the answer is no. I am not going to go from my current pay rate to minimum wage again. Would I recommend a regional pilot to come here? Not if they can help it. You will call it hypocritical, but it really is comparing apples to oranges. I am working hard to get a phone call from one of the legacies and a couple of other places.

Second, I have addressed the real concerns in this thread in previous posts, just like I did last night. If you think that a system CP that routinely drops F bombs in front of recurrent classes and refuses to address safety concerns isn't a valid issue I think you are wrong. It demonstrates the hostile and unprofessional management mentality that trickles down from the top. I noticed you just glossed over that and didn't address that in your response. You just called it BS. Why is that? Truth hurt? We both know the example I mentioned in my post last night is spot on and there are literally hundreds of pilots that have seen this first hand.

This place has serious issues with mx, TDY and a lack of work rules. Those have been hammered out over the last 300+ pages. I'd suggest you'd go back and read those. I noticed you just started posting recently. Some classes are getting filled but I do know for a fact that a class a few months ago only had 16 people show up and 28 were invited. Keep your head in the sand and don't listen to your troops and everything will always be right in your world. I have had friends from my previous carrier that were invited to interviews and decided not to go because of this thread. It is scaring away some of the most talented in the industry.
What I was getting at is that you are calling me a management troll for saying that I wouldn't turn my back to new hires, called someone out for not taking their own advice, and would not agree with Tyler Durdan that bringing the Airbuses here is not an investment. I never said anything on the CP, if I had disagreed with that point I would have said so.
I am Pro Union and pro striking (which I voted for) but I am against the few drama queens on here that spew forth untruths and ones who give advice but won't take their own advice. And yes I agree management is full of lies but as a pilot group we do not have to sink to their level. If calling out the Drama Queens offends you. So be it.