View Single Post
Old 07-18-2015, 10:50 PM
TSRAGR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2014
Position: They have more than one?

Originally Posted by Adlerdriver View Post
Ok. I'm glad you got the times to sync up. I won't beat a dead horse too much, but I think you have some other issues to solve. You really need to get a few extra sets of eyes on these numbers and your method for logging and give them the sniff test. You want to figure this out and have it make sense to the airlines that interview you - not just make the number add up right. Just some friendly advice if you want it.

Of course the FARs allow IP time to be consider PIC. That's standard ops. But in the situation you describe above (you in the backseat of another IP), who are you the IP of record for? The IP in the front seat (like you're checking him out as an IP)? Or the student in the other jet?

If you're the IP for the IP in the front seat, great, then you get to log PIC time. If you're instructing the student, then I seriously doubt you'll be able to justify logging that time as PIC.

Based on previous statements you made, isn't the guy in the front seat logging PIC time and signing for the jet? So, you're each going to log a 1.0 of PIC time on a 1.0 long sortie? I'm pretty sure there can only be one PIC for a flight.
Luckily there were only 30 total sorties, about 16hrs. So i moved all the hours to just other time. 16 less IP hours isn't going to kill anyone, espec. since I can't prove who the actual IP was. I'll take this as a lesson for the future.

Thanks for all the advice; I'll definitely have someone QC this stuff before submission. Thankfully i'm still 18mon out.