View Single Post
Old 07-21-2015, 01:20 PM
RyanP
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2011

Originally Posted by amcnd View Post
You may not want to. The FAA will for sure be hanging around. Failure rates will be high... Any nee type on certificate is like that... Dont want that hanging over your head..
Study, try hard, work with the senior pilots in the group that know whats going on and what the check rides are like, talk to your instructors if you feel behind. You will be fine. I've never failed anything here with 5 long term trainings, 3 type ratings, lots of PC's and even with the "select few" EMB check airman that were supposedly out to get people a few years ago. Every new hire that has asked me for help and put in the time to do what needs to be done, has gotten through fine. The other new hires that try to do their own thing, don't listen to senior pilots advice on what is important and what isn't.. or try to lone wolf it through training wasting time studying irrelevant crap are the one's that have problems 90% of the time. This has been an extremely consistent thing since I have been here.

John Walsh is in charge of the 175 training, he is probably the best/most fair/knowledgable instructor we have. I'm not sure why he stays here. I think things will go just fine.

Oh, and pretty much zero chance of a 175 new hire this year.. maybe later. Not now, we have around 50 FO's waiting for training on it currently this year and none are even on property yet until NOV.. First one's scheduled to be flying are around FEB/2016