View Single Post
Old 07-22-2015, 10:45 AM
SawF16
Mother’s finest

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: 73NB

Originally Posted by Herkflyr View Post
Yeahhhh...

I voted against this TA, and would again. I think DALPA is being delusional if they think that social media caused the NO vote. One of the earlier posts stated it best. The TA language resulted in the NO vote, not any social media spin.

But your post smacks of the same nonsense that so often populates these boards. Most ALPA reps--believe it or not--are not looking to line up at the trough, put in a resume for the Moak Group or any other such conspiratorial stuff. They put themselves out there to do what they thought was best--represent their pilots

If you think that they have done a poor job, then that is fine. There is a recall process, or there is a process to elect replacement reps when the time comes.

And whenever that time comes, those reps will have to deal with the company, deal with day to day issues, deal with negotiations, all in a fairly thankless job so that internet tough guys can throw proverbial slings and arrows their way.

I can still remember a particular day. I was in town in 2008 for a scheduling-related meeting (when I did some LEC scheduling work). At the exact same time was an MEC meeting and the first joint contract TA was announced literally that evening. I was talking to one my LEC reps. Within MINUTES he gets a text from someone just like you that stated "thanks a lot *******"

Now I doubt you will even find anyone who laments that contract as it was a good agreement at that particular time. THAT is the BS that reps have to deal with every day, that you have not a flipping clue about.

So though I disagree with my reps, and the TA, and felt that it never should have been sent to the membership without an enthusiastic MEC endorsement, I will not demonize them, nor attribute selfish greedy motives to them that clearly do not exist other than in internet message board land.
Well said.