Thread: Mesa
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2015, 09:20 PM
Coneydog
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2014

Originally Posted by ScottyDo View Post
I have no problem with wanting industry average. I just don't see the point in a 10 year battle only to no get it. As far as the "thousands of other qualified regional pilots" out there stuck at the regionals I am hesitant to say they are qualified. As an example a buddy of mine who has been in the right seat at Envoy for 3 years just got hired with Frontier with all SIC 121 time, and no he is not a woman or black. Another friend spent 2 years at compass before being picked up by Spirit and after 4 years there he has already upgraded. So either all of these "qualified" applicants out there have some sort of smudge on their record, or are just holding out for a legacy job. I would rather hold out for a legacy job at a major than the crap hole that is the regionals.
You are extremely naive if you think that its just that simple to get on with a legacy or even Spirit or Jet Blue. I could name 10 guys right now I personally know who are captains at Express Jet and Trans States with perfect records and can't get a call. Some of them are check airmen as well. I just rode in the Jumpseat with 9 year FO at Xjet(ASA) who has 17 letters of rec for Delta...17...and 4 of them are internal. Perfect record and no call. He's even doing all the job fairs ect.. The point is that you may be at your regional a lot longer than you plan on. It's about damn time that pilots in this industry start being compensated for what the job entails. Asking for an average contract from Mesa is moving in the right direction. Anything less, and you just set us back further. You guys are doing all of us a disservice if you accept the scraps they throw at you.