Thread: New Mesa Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2015, 04:46 PM
flapshalfspeed
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2010

Originally Posted by BE24pilot View Post
Ok since some can not keep it civil the old thread was closed down. Since there are many pilots who would like to have a mature conversation about what is happening at Mesa, and potential new pilots may like information I am going to start this thread. Please keep the conversation relevant and professional. Moderators feel free to toss the trouble makers.

With that being said the union has indicated that a new TA will be put to a pilot vote in the near future. It seems they are preparing the pilot group for a below industry average proposal. I would love to get a mature perspective on what a yes or no vote will mean for the group.
A yes vote means Mesa will have a firm five-year cost outlook, and an enhanced ability to attract/retain new hires, with which they can secure and staff more flying.

A no vote means Mesa will have an uncertain cost outlook, create the impression of labor instability with our codeshare partners, and decrease Mesa's ability to attract/retain new hires. The company's ability to secure/staff additional flying will be in question--by both JO and our codehsare partners--and it is very likely the status quo and existing fleet size will remain constant indefinitely.

This is truly a "take it or leave it" agreement, folks. If you're in the bottom half of the seniority list, and you don't want a raise or a Captain seat anytime in the near future--then by all means go for it and vote no! It'll be the most irrational career choice you've ever made (I've made the same misguided, emotional "no" vote before), but hey--who am I to attempt to sway your mind.

I just hope people will vote based on a rational assessment of the facts, the company's financial position, and the volumes of history documenting the demise of regionals on quixotic quests to "raise the bar." Set aside the views of a vocal minority of pilots who don't even work here, set aside the bitterness exuded by senior pilots who have enough seniority/salary to comfortably weather the fallout of a "no" vote for 4-5 years, and make the decision that's best for your career, your quality of life, and your family/dog/etc..

Last edited by flapshalfspeed; 07-24-2015 at 05:00 PM.