Thread: Allegiant Air
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2015, 05:05 PM
HVYMETALDRVR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2013
Position: FO

Originally Posted by rokgpsman View Post
That's good to hear, thanks for the clarification. But what's going on when the FAs do not hand out water after the 2 hr point in a tarmac delay? Is this a discretionary decision - the rules and policies read like it is mandatory? If there is a security or safety reason not to offer water looks like there could be an announcement explaining the reasoning. That's one of the biggest complaints passengers have is lack of adequate communication about what is going on.

I'm confused as to why it even happens, you'd think aircrew would want passengers to be happy as possible during the sweltering delay. It's not like the FAs are giving away their own personal water. The FAs don't do much of anything else during these delays, except play with their iphones and chitchat to one another. If no water is provided after 2 hours on tarmac who is to blame - FAs or the CA?
I don't know the specifics of the situation, but at outstations we've run out of water and ice before.

I would venture to say that 50% of the time I call operations on the radio (no ACARS on the -80) no one answers. At some outstations they literally never answer (think MYR and PBI). We've had flights take lengthy delays, because all the fuelers went home and they couldn't get gas.