View Single Post
Old 07-29-2015, 10:52 PM
fadec
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2015
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by protegepilot View Post
Thanks for reply, captainv. Just trying to understand the alternate travel better here. Im in the pool right now and I live close to JFK. Lets say I get the 74 ANC base, would it be better for company to send me to Europe since it is potentially cheaper then being sent to ANC? Will this be considered playing games?
It's possible but I don't know my way around the system enough yet to know if it's likely. So here's how you might play to make it more likely: offer to work a few days starting in Europe on days off before your trip begins. If they need you bad enough in Europe they'll do whatever it takes to get you there. If scheduling offers something suitable you take it and leave home early. If not, stay home the extra day or four and fly to ANC as planned. If you don't want to lose days off you might risk bidding lines that begin with R2 reserve. These can go junior and you might talk scheduling into taking you off reserve in ANC to fly to Europe at the last minute. It all depends on how bad they need you and where. The more days off you're willing to trade the better your chances are of getting something that suits your commute.