Thread: Far 117

hockeypilot44 , 07-30-2015 12:50 AM
Gets Weekends Off
hockeypilot44
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Jul 2008
Quote: What specific changes would you recommend? In my opinion, 117 is light years better than the previous duty regs. Company can't adjust show times, duty period is based on critical factors such as acclimated start time and number of segments, and no reduced rest just to name a few.
For starters, get rid of the bull**** 2 hour extension and the fact that the duty period ends at block in instead of 30 minutes after like the old rules. When I first saw FAR 117, I thought to myself they got it right. Then I realized I had to add 30 minutes to the times to compare it to the old way. Then I realized there was a 2 hour extension. Then I realized it was possible to do a 16:30 hour dutt day compared to 16 before. Wait, we can actually do a longer duty day under FAR 117? YES YOU CAN.

I work at a respectable major. My company expects you to extend. The only way not to is to go out of your way which to my company equates to a fatigue call. I know if my company treats it like that, then most other companies are also.