View Single Post
Old 07-30-2015, 07:49 AM
DashTrash
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: SFO Guppy CA

Originally Posted by jetlink View Post
As I understand; UPA protects you with 5 hours of pay for each day, and any overs per day; (over 5 hours you get paid extra).
What I understand, you want to be protected by 5 hours per day, and get paid on top of that, for overs on your single leg that was scheduled at 2 hours, but you flew 4 hours; (an extra 2 hours of pay on top of 5 hours total of 7 hours), is that correct?
May your wish be granted; I would love that too; however, I'm more realistic , put it in the survey.
I do understand the overs that we currently get paid on top of what the daily credit is. But in my anecdotal experience of just over a year, so it's not a large sampling, I rarely get any overs because they over block the flight so much. I think that you would make more money per trip and would have at least another day off per month because the credit would be higher per trip. I've had trips that if they were 5 hours/day, the trip would have been worth another 4-5 hours of credit. The huge stumbling block is that we are currently understaffed and this would exacerbate the current issue. I did put it on the survey also.