View Single Post
Old 07-30-2015, 03:36 PM
Nevets
Banned

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: EMB 145 CPT
Default What's the Latest at ASA/Expressjet?

Originally Posted by Waitingformins View Post
That was formed and signed after the PSA vote, and PDT was the one airline that didn't sign it. They made no bones about it they were out for a deal, if "concessionary" damn, if not, awesome, but a deal was going to happen.

O and BTW, I bought in to all the PSA hate. Go read my old post, but fact is it was a good deal for them that's why it passed 80%. I haven't seen any airline with 49 planes turn down 30. That's 60% growth, has your airline ever voted down 60% growth. The concessions were not in a vacuum they included 48 US Airways offers a year, there were 480 pilots on the payroll. 480/48=10 years. The cap was 12 years. The PSA pilots sold their future pilots position just like mainline has done countless times.

I was just pointing two things. ALPA is YOUR MEC. They are the ones who make these deals, not anybody else. And second, it only takes one MEC to get the dominos falling.

As for my regional, all I can say is that they hinted at roses if we voted in our concessionary TA and promised a static fleet plan (parking of ALL aircraft as leases and CPAs expired by December 31, 2017) if we didn't ratify. Eighteen months later, they've parked dozens aircraft and we are just now getting back to the negotiating table. I still don't see any panic. Definitely not from me.

Originally Posted by Waitingformins View Post
Also, heard a rumor that yall's joint contract might include the ERJ package for all the current ERJ drivers, but the New hires would work under different rules. The only problem is executing two contracts all the time or it might have already happened. Do you care to debate the merit of that, or how its any different in principle than the PSA TA that everybody loves to hate.

I'll be glad to debate it when I see that as a TA.