View Single Post
Old 07-30-2015, 05:36 PM
Flyboyxc91
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: Captain CL-65

Originally Posted by krudawg View Post
What kind of operation in Transpac? Are they a contract training facility for a foreign carrier ab initio pilots?
Yes Krudawg, we do part 141 ab initial foreign training and also domestic FAA Program as well that's on their own syllabus. These foreign students are highly motivated and hand selected by their airlines to come here and train. Not to rag on all American student pilots training like this (zero to hero style) but these guys STUDY and do exactly what they're told to do almost always. I know there are a lot of great domestic students too but I'm speaking from an average mean standpoint so it's pretty unique in its own way. The students do have to be screened for English skills before they ever set foot in the program; they're evaluated by student recruiters from the company and must pass competency skills for certain day to day "American/English" things or otherwise they wouldn't be able to complete the program most likely... So in many ways "GrassLandings" rude and pessimistic comment earlier was actually quite ironic since they probably actually do speak better English upon arrival than most other international ab initial program students here in USA.

At any rate I'm enjoying the flying here so far and that's all that really matters. You can switch to the FAA side (domestic) if thats more of your style after a couple months since there is a lot of turnover and students.