Thread: Spirit of NKS
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2015, 12:33 PM
skybolt
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005

I just can't stand it any longer. (some of you will rejoice I'm sure that you've yanked my chain )

Qotsaautopilot just wrote: "Last I checked my LEC reps work at my direction and the MEC chairman and negotiating committee work at their direction"

No the LEC reps don't work at your direction (unless you're one of the insiders who worked to get them elected), once elected they do whatever they please. NOTHING we do, short of a recall, has any control over the decisions the reps make. Period. We can force certain actions on them, like putting recall on a meeting agenda by gaining the appropriate number of signatures on an official petition, but we can't make them make decisions by our direction.

We can pass resolutions at local meetings, but those do NOT carry any weight.

You're correct about the MEC Chair (and Vice Chair, Sec/Treas, and NC Chair) and Committee Chairs working for the Master Council.

All of which places responsibility directly on the shoulders of the six elected reps. I'll second gopro, they have the power over everything. Don't be so quick to give them a pass please.