Thread: Skywest
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2015, 12:53 PM
Flyer2000
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: B-767 CA

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck View Post
I don't think ALPA would touch us with a 100 foot pole �� there will never be a union at SkyWest. Not until the current generation of lifers retire.

On another note....stock up 2.6%???? ����
I've been in contact with ALPA. They absolutely will commit to help us. But first they want to see that there is a commitment to help ourselves. I agree with this philosophy as the previous drives were run by outsiders guiding a few pilots inside of our group. What we need is a much larger group of skywest pilots who are getting advice and information from a much smaller group of ALPA organizers. Maybe it's time to take skywest to court and contest sapa existence (the previous lawsuit was over FUNDING not the legality of Sapa itself). But that can come later.

Let's take control of our future and tell Sapa/management (currently proven to be basically the same....at least the executive board) we are going to get some real legal assistance that is going to help us get a real legal contract (enforceable) and a completely SEPERATE representative group.

Step up and volunteer PM me here for contact info if you don't already have it. We need to get 300 plus volunteers for a winning organizing drive.