Thread: Spirit of NKS
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2015, 09:33 AM
RalphWiggum
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2015
Position: DTW Left

Originally Posted by Window_Seat View Post
Way to keep labor costs low, congratulations! You are a shareholders dream! I'm happy when the higher paying airline gains market share, this obviously isn't the spirit pilot's rational. I guess that's what you get when you don't need an education to get hired there.
He never once mentioned labor costs as a direct correlation in the ability for majors to compete with us on ticket price. In your mud slinging you seem to forget the sacrifice 400 pilots of this company made in 2010 for the future of not only this pilot group but the collective bargaining at all ALPA carriers. When fuel costs decrease at the level we are seeing, it allows the majors to increase downward pressure on competition, or come up with hair-brained schemes to better compete (Delta base fare). Then, just like Song and Ted were over 10 years ago, the next time crisis hits they will be part of the record books.

The money will be there in our next contract. So will all the work rules we have fought to preserve, so we can actually have lives and interests outside of the cockpit. Ask one of us what the 4 days off are worth. Or line bidding. Or the transition. Or our healthcare options. There's plenty of work to be done in the next contract, but leave that fight to us.

What has your union's negotiating strategy done for you? Congratulations, you've voted down ONE TA in company history. Quite a bit of chest beating for the same pilots that gave up what they did to "save" the airline in bankruptcy. Way to help the company keep labor costs low!!

Do us all of favor and go back to your golf cart in peach tree city and continue to boast to all of your neighbors about how great being a Delta pilot is and how the MD88 is a "real airplane." Then gladly send me a PM the 1 time a year you get west of the Mississippi River and we can have a beer and I can prove to you in person, that I am more educated than you and plenty of your 1000 hour Delta wonder coworkers. Until then, kindly shove it