View Single Post
Old 08-03-2015, 02:09 PM
PRS Guitars
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2013
Position: A320 CA

Originally Posted by Romeo Hotel View Post
I guess I should be more specific.

I already have a Bach degree (unrelated to aviation) and I just got my CCAF degree as well. I'm speaking solely for the flight training purposes.

I'm trying to find a program that has the most bang for my buck in terms of training (who isn't right?), and it just looked like ERU was the best bet. Since I can apply the college credits I already have toward one of their Aeronautics degrees and get paid BAH while doing so, it looked like the best way to go.

Basically, I'm on the fence about applying those GI benefits toward a degree program incorporated into flight training. But the overall theme I'm picking up, is training first, education secondary.

Am I on the mark?
Hell no, you are not on the mark!

If you have a degree, you'd be nuts to go there. Your GI bill won't come close to covering costs. You don't need the degree. It's probably the most expensive training you could do. It will delay your career by years.

You already have a degree, you need to go one of two routes.

1. Find a way bam thank you ma'am program a la All ATP and knock everything out including CFI. Get a flying job ASAP after that.

2. Get a non flying job while you knock it out locally over the course of a year or so, again to CFI. Then get a flying job ASAP.

Don't even think about an aviation degree. It'd be a complete waste of money and more importantly time.