View Single Post
Old 08-03-2015, 04:34 PM
DC8 Driver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: 767 CA

I'll give you guys a good example of scheduling at Atlas. I'm a somewhat senior 76 capt. I bid back to back reserve lines and the company is obligated to build 5 days off in between so I don't end up doing 34 days straight.

I should have used a GDO day in hindsight; but, didn't and this is what happened: Scheduling just extended me 3 days into my 5 days off, so I will be on the road 34 days straight with just 48 hours off. I do not live in base, so this is obviously not even enough time to gateway home and do laundry and pay the bills.

I called scheduling and tried to reason with them and they basically told me to shove it. Now my only way to get some time at home is if I happen to become sick, in which case, I will not only lose sick days, I will lose about 15 hours of CRT.

This NOT the life I have chosen and will not continue to be treated like this from crew scheduling. I am updating my logbook as we speak. Just telling you the way it is over here.

This place is turning into a circus in my opinion. I would avoid Atlas and look at Fed Ex, UPS or one of the majors before even thinking about coming here.