View Single Post
Old 08-03-2015, 06:17 PM
PRS Guitars
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2013
Position: A320 CA

Originally Posted by Romeo Hotel View Post
I thought so too, but I've been struggling to find a recommended program like that.

Most of the programs/schools like that seem to have a pretty sketchy reputation online. Can you recommend anything?
I really can't as I've been out of GA for 13 years. I did go to Flight Safety Academy in Vero Beach over twenty years ago. It was very good training and structured much like the military training I received later. It was expensive though and I'm not sure what the program is like today.

Are you still in the military? You might be able to find a local school or flying club that accepts the GI bill. The school I taught at was a local flying club, I was an independent contract CFI and we did accept the GI bill (this was in the 90's). Good thing about that route is that you might be able to get a CFI job when you're done. Independent Contract CFI's can make decent money.

And take what you read on here through a filter (including mine), posts tend to be negative. Often you can get some good info through PM's.

Last edited by PRS Guitars; 08-03-2015 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Content added