View Single Post
Old 08-03-2015, 06:46 PM
Romeo Hotel
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2015

Originally Posted by PRS Guitars View Post
Are you still in the military? You might be able to find a local school or flying club that accepts the GI bill. The school I taught at was a local flying club, I was an independent contract CFI and we did accept the GI bill (this was in the 90's). Good thing about that route is that you might be able to get a CFI job when you're done. Independent Contract CFI's can make decent money.

And take what you read on here through a filter (including mine), posts tend to be negative. Often you can get some good info through PM's.
Yes, I'm still in the military. When I entered my last year of enlistment, I started flying with an independent guy out of a local FBO just to wrap up my PPL that I started years ago. I enjoy flying with him, but I don't think he'll take my GI Bill. I will certainly ask him about it though.

I have been poking around Flight Safety and submitted a request for information. Their site says they currently accept GI Bill payments, but that only 60% is covered. This is confusing to me because I qualify for chapter 33, which is listed as 100% on the VA website. This leads me to believe that the benefit cap will only cover 60% of their total cost.

Florida Flight Training Center also caught my eye, but it's hard to find any testimonials about that one as well.

Thanks again for the heads up.