View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015, 07:26 AM
montellv
temporarily retired

Joined APC: May 2014
Position: Shaving with a Mach 3

Originally Posted by MikeF16 View Post
I don't think anybody does job fair prep; however, the information you get from interview prep would likely be more than enough for a job fair.

That said, I am very against job fairs. There is nothing but anecdotal evidence on both sides of the fence to prove or disprove they have any influence in getting hired: Jonny over here went to a job fair and got hired by airline X, it MUST have been the job fair. Tommy went to 3 job fairs, none of those airlines called but instead got hired by airline Y that wasn't even present. Job fairs are crap.

I went to 3. From my perspective it appeared that the organizer was making money hand over fist. The airlines making billions in profits got a free pre-interview, and the guys with the least money were the ones footing the bill. It just felt wrong to me.
^^This^^ Just doesn't pass the sniff test. On the other hand, if I've been waiting to hear the phone ring for years, I'd be forking over the cash. The entire hiring process is a syphon on the wallet (ie. airline apps fees, FCC radio license, First Class medical, interview prep, sim time, etc). It's only money, I guess.