View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015, 08:31 AM
BlueSkies9
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2015
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Flyboyxc91 View Post
Good to see someone putting the "you can't have a 141 certificate" most likely from Burkes failure numbers. Nonetheless this is about being an instructor and being there for your students, do as much as you can for them because in many ways yes it's no secret.. This is a fast program; a fire hose from a fire hose type of deal.

BlueSkies9, I appreciate the words of modest opinion much more so than I previously have received in this thread so far. I'm enjoying it here and the flying is going well, the maintenance here is very good as far as I've seen yet. I'm not sure if you were here in the last few years but we are under new management and they've been very nice so I'll be here foreseeable to 1500TT.
Flyboy, I left back in 1Q of this year. I did NOT like what I saw there and neither did many others who left. Let's discuss some happenings that occurred before you were hired. Did the recruiter tell you that you will eventually be asked to work a day or two without pay? Don't worry, you will. Do you think management will work a day without pay as well? Or do you think they'll receive a big bonus off your back? This company does not care about you or your career. They care about their numbers. You're the tool that makes those numbers happen. Yes, that's true with any company but unpaid work is just plain wrong. I refused to work without pay. Can you? Will you? Do you have the backbone to stand up against such garbage? Or will you simply play along for "the hours?" Don't believe me? Ask some of the guys that have been around there long enough to remember "no pay for work day."

Ever ask yourself why a company that makes millions off foreign contracts still flies beat up airplanes with torn up interiors with tens of thousands of hours on the airframe? Ever think why each of those airplanes are pieced together from parts of other airplanes? Go out and LOOK at the airplanes. You'll find mismatched rudders, ailerons, screws laying around on the ramp. Ever ask yourself why new faces seem to be popping up in the MX hanger? Maybe because they can't keep the people ultimately responsible for your safety around long enough? Or, do you simply show up "for the hours?"

Did you ask the recruiter how many planes have struck fuel trucks on the ramp at KDVT or struck other airplanes at other airports within the past year? Yup, it's happened. And when it does happen, someone in Scottsdale will demand answers.

But hey, "it's for the hours."