sulkair
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2009

Originally Posted by rokgpsman View Post
Emergency landings might slow down one of America’s fastest-growing airlines

WASHINGTON POST
by Thad Moore
August 4, 2015

Emergency landings might slow down one of America?s fastest-growing airlines - The Washington Post
I find it interesting and disgusting that they keep using 'growth' as their excuse for their missteps. As if engine failures, air turn-backs, and losing operational control of your passenger airline are all necessary byproduct of 'growth.' Are we suppose to believe this is an admirable thing like we might view an athlete operating on the very razor's edge of injury to maximizing his/her full potential. What a bunch of BS! There are freaking LIVES at stake here!

...We're just growing too fast that's all!

...No, you're just obsessed with your margins and you're fools for it because the law of averages is going catch you sooner or later!

Trouble is, the layman reading the article will probably fall for it. Like... "Oh well they just need to measure their 'growth' more wisely and all will be fine."

It's all lies and subterfuge these days with everyone all the time. Or maybe I'm just now waking up to it.

I guess we'll find out if the FAA has the metal or not these days to do their job. I'm not holding my breath though.