Thread: Skywest
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2015, 10:41 PM
rcfd13
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009
Position: Another RJ FO

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck View Post
Obviously it's attractive to a new hire. Which is why it's wrong. The company is giving money that should be going to everyone to people that aren't even here. The fact that they wanted to increase it so bad was our leverage to get a better deal. You may be thrilled about 30 bucks an hour now, but a few years down the line you're going to realize your future was mortgaged for Esau's bowl of soup!
Obviously I believe everyone deserved a raise, but c'mon. First year pay needed to be fixed. I didn't think this agreement gave the rest of the pilot group enough but I'm happy that first year pay came up. It's ridiculous that people with bachelors degrees and years of job experience as CFIs had to work for $19-22/hour in the recent past. I'm glad that's over at Skywest.

I hated the people who said "I paid my dues so you should have to" when I was in training. Now that I've been at the regionals for a while and have paid my dues I still hate people who tell others below me that they should be paying their dues. I'll never say it to another pilot. Lets fix this profession.