View Single Post
Old 08-07-2015, 07:41 AM
IrishSkies
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: Bent over by Terrible Agreement

Originally Posted by KnightFlyer View Post
What he's saying is your flight has a change of gauge due to lack of crew or a/c then instead of SUB they do nothing. You are left hanging until released or out of duty time or given something completely different, but with the same Flt number. Pseudo-Reserve bypassing any seniority you had for a nice trip. The new gauge gets a different flt number but identical times, e.g. Flt 980, 981, .... No SUB, No turny-down new flight(s). It's affecting a lot of trips and it's total BS.
Yup, I can attest that this tactic is being used by CRS because I write this warning from my unscheduled layover hotel in a revised city.

I had a back end DH scheduled for my hometown this morning. At show time my trip was revised (same flight number) to land at a different city and theoretically DH home from there. Called CRS to inquire about it being Base Substitution and they just patched me directly to DO, he said it was legal and new trip was not an open time trip so no base sub and trip could not be refused. I fly it.
When we got off the plane the ramper told us to call CRS, you guessed it, no DH but a nice extension to fly the plane back to MEM tonight!
Hey, that sandwich does taste like $h!t.

In hindsight, I find it alarmingly suspicious that at the time I was forced to step to the jet in MEM, CRS had not changed my pairing to reflect the revised city back end travel plans.....so top line had MEM-revised city and return leg still had original city DH -MEM.
Was CRS too busy to update the pairing or had they already decided it didn't matter because we were never getting a DH from the revised city because they already had plans to extend us? I'll bet my kids college funds CRS had planned to extend us entire time but waited until we landed to spring it on us to keep it " legal".

The question is, how do you prove intent?