Thread: Spirit of NKS
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2015, 01:10 PM
JoeyMeatballs
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: A-320

Originally Posted by Douglas9 View Post
The retirement numbers alone at the legacies make me question why anyone younger than 40 would stay at NK and leave so much $$$$ on the table. I believe we will be lucky to see VX or Jetblue rates in this next contract. Anyone can do the math. Okay. Keep telling yourself it's all about the "quality of life".
I don't really have to tell myself anything,lol. You, me, anyone can either stay or go, I don't care. I do find it funny when guys are like," if you're younger than blah blah you should leave", yet they've been here through 4-5 major hiring cycles and stayed here, stayed here when this place paid peanuts mind you.

Anyway, you plan on leaving?, (you can PM if ya want)

Found this, "keep telling yourself it's about the QOL,"

Originally Posted by Douglas9 View Post
I have to admit that getting hired by Spirit has been a God send to me! Spirit is what it is and I'm living in the FLL base, I drive to work, I get the days off I want and just like I stated in my interview, "There's nothing sexier than an airline making money and expanding with new airplanes". Could it be better? Of course! Could I be in a worse place? Hell Yes! Just like I tell people who want to fly on Spirit to those that want to work here: "It's not for everyone". I take it all on face value and appreciate what's here now without worrying too much about the future. Especially since I'm much closer to the end than the beginning!