View Single Post
Old 08-10-2015, 07:30 AM
Cujo665
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: Semi-Retired...

Originally Posted by Bootleg View Post
Hmmm. You two little boys are stupid.

I'll sum up my meaning with 3 words and there's no conspiracy or theory. Just past history and fact.

City pair duplication.

You two kids need to put down the hair gel and video games and take a look back at some previous mergers, check out how that went down. What I mean is this. Both American airlines and u s air fly flights from some of the same cities to some of the same cities. Which they will no longer continue to do after the seniority list gets fully merged and implimented. Don't think so? I'll refer you to the delta/nwa merger. Now suddenly after cutting out the duplication they have extra pilots. If AAG is fat a few hundred or a thousand pilots what will that do to the flow numbers?

--------0-------- flow.

But you guys already figured that out right?
There is overlap, but not at the level your indicating. It's one of the reasons the DOJ allowed the merge, there wasn't a ton of overlap. Historically you see capacity reductions and potentially even furloughs.... But you didn't have 80% of their pilots retiring within 10 years either.
Your fear bomb has very little teeth. This was your big secret conspiracy theory? This is what you accused the union of hiding?? Something that was specifically mentioned already by the DOJ ??