Thread: Allegiant Air
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2015, 03:16 PM
LavStink
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2015

I'll add my .02c:

I recently overheard SL in SFB gossiping about this (you know, taking a break from sneaking around the parking garage and ignoring emails), and there is no "more to the story". This PIE CA had NEVER failed or retrained any training event. His FO never heard a word from the company, not even a debrief. He was returned to the line within a week of the evacuation without even so much as a thanks. If they had taken the wrong course of action then as a crew, the FO would have gotten some grief too. Not a word was ever mentioned to that guy.

I also heard the rumor going around that Allegiant offered the guy his job back and he refused. They haven't, that's simply not the case. The guy is almost emotionally ruined over losing his job and is trying to figure out his next step to getting on with his life.

One more thing. Read the GOM describing what to do if fire or even the possibility of fire is a consideration. It says to do what this guy did. Next thing you know, Bingo is whining about the media attention- only to go out and create a media spectacle of himself.