Thread: Skywest
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2015, 08:15 AM
disillusioned
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2014

Originally Posted by Turbosina View Post
What are these 'dropped trips' you speak of? I believe they are about as elusive and rare as the mystical griffin (half-eagle, half-lion) that had medieval storytellers so enthralled.

In your Skywest career, you are more likely to encounter an actual griffin at FL390 (er...make that FL350 for us RJ chaps) than you are to actually ever be able to 'drop' a trip.

I'd be very interested to hear from anyone who's managed to actually drop a trip in the past few years. (Management pilots don't count.)
I haven't been able to drop a trip to reserves for almost 2 years now. And I have only had one or two trips picked up in that same time frame by other pilots. When you are in the top 50% and getting awarded 95 hours per month, I am losing trips that my seniority should be able to hold to junior pilots due to "replaced due to line constraints"

Reserve levels seem to be up across the board. Let's see what that does for PBS and our ability to do anything with our trips. I still don't think the reserve levels are high enough to meet minimum daily.