Thread: Trans States
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2015, 09:22 AM
Riverside
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by KyleMyers View Post
I really love these tards that work here trying to talk bad about CQFO's, yet in 4 button pushes on the FMS (direct to an altitude that is already programmed to a 3 degree glideslope, then putting 3 degrees right back in) shows me they have zero clue how the FMS works. Even better is when they manually jack up the pre-loaded altitudes on an arrival and guess with a 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, etc glideslope to try and get all the attitudes right when they were already pre-set in the database at pre-determined angles by Honeywell, based on what runway you're going to. But that's the "TransStates way".
You know some people select the altitude to see what kind of glide angle they will cross at. I like setting a 3.5 angle, but if it is during the winter I'll set it around 2.0 just in case there is icing at lower altitude. Plus have you tried the pre set alt going into Dulles. It's basically power idle, speed brake out, and praying that you'll make it at the right altitude and speed. But hey maybe you're the reason why I keep getting emails about missing crossing restrictions because you know everything about the FMS.