Old 08-12-2015, 08:13 AM
Kapitanleutnant
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: Early Retiree SWA

Or…. As one American to you others, just bypass this airline altogether!!! It is simply horrible conditions with no recourse if you feel you've been wronged. I have 96 hours this month…. flying all over the world, thru more time zones than I can keep track of, day time/night time combinations. US carriers don't know the real meaning of fatigue…. They tell you 42 days entitlement for leave each year? Nope, they'll only give you 30 and tell you the law only requires them to give 30. Some of us have not had leave in over 7 or 8 months…. with 95 hours month after month after month!!!! It's just unsustainable.

Guys.. just take my advice and stay away. Even you RJ guys, after a year of doing all night turns, you'll understand. I know a US 330 captain in my neighborhood and he told me 2 weeks ago that he has gone 6 months straight with only 8 days off per month and only 2 layovers.

EK guys commonly do the equivalent of an SFO-BOS-SFO all night turn around with only 2 pilots…. leaving "SFO" at around 0300 arriving back in "SFO" around 1300! Trust me… this is real. These are scheduled every night!!

Feel free to PM me.

K