Old 08-13-2015, 05:28 PM
CHADsterss
On Reserve

Joined APC: Aug 2015

Originally Posted by USMCFLYR View Post
My opinion is that you made one of the costliest bad decisions that a pilot can make. Prior to this incident, did you not know how the FAA views alcohol related offenses? Welcome to the world of a pilot. They aren't targeting YOU, you are going through the same process that anyone in your situation would be undergoing. It is a long and painful (and as you are learning) expensive process. Is it still worth it to you to go through with the requirements to fly? If so....in the future, and especially if you plan on making a career/life out of the professional pilot world - you need to rethink you're 'I have one or 4 beers when I'm out' mentality. It just isn't worth it in the long run. Save those 1-4 beers when you're at home watching the game or at a minimum when you aren't driving.
Yes, I did make one of the worst decisions of my life at the time. Why wouldn't it be worth it to follow my dreams/goals? Yes it may be expensive (and it already is) but that doesn't mean it's going to stop me from doing what I want to do. Just because I say I have a few drinks when I go out which is maybe one time a week at the most!! doesn't mean I still drink and drive... Don't be so quick to judge. I made one bad decision and I learned A LOT and made some life changes during that period of my life. I would never drink and drive again in my entire life time.