View Single Post
Old 08-13-2015, 06:22 PM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by DhruvK View Post
Believe me I'm not trying to be pessimistic about it. I completely understand and appreciate the merits of the position, which is why I applied in the first place. I'm moreso having trouble self-evaluating that I measure up to the position despite it being offered to me. It'll pass once I hit training (assuming I receive and accept a FOL) and get some more perspective I'm sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I work next to a guy who's entire aviation career was spent training at, instructing at, and working the way up the chain at Embry Riddle - Daytona Beach. I'm sure they are looking for a variety of experience just like most employers SAY (at least) they are looking for - even the cookie cutter airline pilots (think everyone wearing the exact same suit to the interview cookie cutter image). I was in a class when I first started with a new ASI who was a retired JAL 747 Captain. Who do you think would likely have a better hand on the GA world should they be hired into a GA ASI position (I'm assuming he wasn't but I doubt it isn't byond imagination that one might be). Take your experience, learn from the people around you, listen when you are in training at the Academy and such, and always be looking for new and challenging positions/opportunities that might lead you who knows where in your new field. Btw - it isn't the end of flying. I know LOTS of FAA people that own their own planes in my local area. Now they fly for fun