Thread: Adios Netjets?
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2015, 07:01 PM
Skybolt205wd
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2015

I have made my core living in another industry, totally unrelated to aviation. But for nearly 25 years I have flown for years on weekends, 3 day gigs as FOs all the way to managing two jets and filling the right seat with contract pilots. Some I worked with in both industries were miserable making good money and some were very happy even though they made little. The common thread that I have observed is that the people most happy in their jobs are those who put first those for whom they work (clients/pax) and have mastered the act of absorbing and dismissing the little injustices will all incur in our day to day lives. They have learned that we all have reason to be angry at the world and those in it....but they have learned that the world will never revolve around them. We are in a service industry. By definition we work/fly to serve. Once I saw this in others, I came to love both of my professions. Especially flying, of course. So whether its NetJets or GoJet, well maybe not GoJet, but lets say Great Lakes, its all what we make it. :-)