View Single Post
Old 08-15-2015, 03:10 AM
IrishSkies
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: Bent over by Terrible Agreement
Default Bigger Penalties

Originally Posted by FDXLAG View Post
Block in, don't turn your phone on, go to the airport or hotel, talk to no one. You are legal. If they want you to call them they will have the rampers let you know or use ACARs.
The ramp agent was at the top of the stairs waiting to tell us that scheduling needed us to call.....I jokingly said to him that "you never saw us". Even I'm smart enough to know there is video of the ramp available if the company wants to push the matter and during negotiations and a strained scheduling office I wouldn't want to become a hostage.

I spent some time on the phone yesterday with contract enforcement and the sad truth of the matter is that the company has authority to "revise" the pairing on almost all occasions. It's our section 25 disruption pay that address these revisions. As previously mentioned in earlier post, our contract either needs to change the company's liberal revision policy or we have to negotiate far bigger disruption, layover, landing and duty period penalties the company has to pay us if they elect to revise our lives!

The revision policy and the way R24 is handled (bringing folks down to MEM and putting them in HSTBY so CRS can abuse them on a moments notice violates the intent of R24) are two of the many must fixes for me on this contract. I'm opening up the scheduling section, if a TA ever arrives, and if these two areas aren't corrected then it's a NO vote for me without opening another section.

Last edited by IrishSkies; 08-15-2015 at 03:25 AM.