Thread: jetBlue Hiring
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2015, 05:33 AM
aldonite7667
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2011

Originally Posted by CaptCoolHand View Post
Current upgrade is about 3.5 yrs on the 190 and about 4 to the bus. If I recall correctly. We have a very skewed seniority in the left seat. Junior man is in the 70th%. The junior will be junior for some time. I'd also expect many of the more senior fo's who bypassed to finally upgrade when we nail down a contract expecting better pay and work rule improvements.

Its a 2yr aircraft lock from the time you start training.

Don't plan on any extra income. There is RSA and VDA (reserve augmentation during low staffing and volunteer reserve both pay above guarantee) which are extra pay, but I wouldn't count on them. To sell back "vacation" which we call PTO you must have over 100hrs in the bank. Anything over 100 can be sold back at 150% every month. It's great once you get it, getting there can take some time especially when commuting. Open time pick up as a newb on rsv is possible, but anything you aggressively pick up on rsv days goes to your monthly guarantee. If you somehow score a pickup that's not on a rsv day it does go above guarantee... most of us believe that is a myth. 7/8 yrs on rsv here and I've pulled it off once. just my experience, but some will tell you they do it all the time, and I also don't go looking for ways to go to work... If we had a functional aggressive rsv pick up system I'd be on it like white on rice, but unfortunately it isn't set up to work that way.

goodluck ohio
Reverse your upgrade times. The A320 went junior to the E190.