Old 08-16-2015, 12:57 PM
Curveball
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2015
Position: New Hire

Originally Posted by Rebeldog View Post
So i am pretty new to this and i am torn as to what i need to do. I retire from the navy in October 2017. I have 1503 hrs about 500 being multiengine EA-6B time and 600 instructor time in the T-45. I am on deployment now and plan to get my ATP taken care of shortly after returning to homeport. Now, I have many friends in multiple majors that say submit my applications to all the majors and update as things go. The most I will get would be some light civil and thats about it. With 2 years to go, and I know this is simply speculation by anyone, will I be even a little competitive for a major? Thanks for the help!
Rebel, the bottom line is just apply. I've known guys hired with right at 1500 hours, another with no ATP, and still others who haven't flown in a few years. You can't know what the hiring environment will be like for sure two years from now, but I'm gonna guess good. A few mil guys have applied way early and gotten emails that more or less said call us 90 days from getting out to set up your interview.

If you go to the regionals for a bit....no problem. But I can guarantee you that the one thing that will keep you from getting hired is not applying.