Thread: Trip List
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2007, 05:54 PM
Led Zep
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007

Originally Posted by avi8tor4life View Post
i was at my friends house and on the back of his door he had a memory list of things to make sure he had before he went out on a trip whether 2,3, or 4 day. It included things like ID, Passport, Second Uniform, toiletries and such. he had it divided up into a list for 2 day, 3 day and 4 days and the numbers of different items he'd need. Unfortunately I didn't write it down. I was wondering if anyone else had made such a list (or has recommendations for such a list) that they'd be willing to share to those of us without a list that are thinking of making such a list.
When I pack my suitcase, I usually start by placing all the clothes I am going to need into a couple of piles on the bed. i.e., skivies, socks, shirts, pants/shorts, and running gear. From there I place it all into the suitcase and zip it up.

For toiletries I keep a separate set in my shaving kit with a good reserve supply of toiletries in the closet. I place this in the suitcase after I verify I have everything I need.

I don't have a written checklist, but I do have a memory checklist I do prior to leavin the house with regards to my brain bag. Before I leave the house, I always run through it and make sure I have everything I need and that I'm not missing anything.