Old 08-19-2015, 10:20 AM
11man
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2014

Originally Posted by Greatplains View Post
On Wednesday the MEC is set to evaluate a comprehensive CBA package, which is the direct result of a conclusion to bargaining. Yes, I said did say conclusion, but It really does not matter what you call the deal, bargaining is over. The leaks on the major are very, very promising. I have just talked to a person who is on the MEC email chains that has just received copies of the package highlights which includes the ALPA National costing numbers and it is a total package deal worth more than 1.5B in improvements. Bottom line, it is easily an industry leading CBA, when all items are weighed. Additionally the NC has reached a deal to NOT split out new hires from the pension and there are improvements to our B plan. That was the topic of the most recent letter sent out and signed by the whole MEC, Bravo!

So what's the bad news? The bad news is the reason I am posting this because there are nasty (verified) rumors that a majority portion of our MEC are seriously considering to not allow the NC to sign this package deal, and as such, the membership will not be afforded the chance to see it, let alone vote on this, why you ask? The lone issue is the A plan, yes it was saved but there were apparently no "golden parachutes, VEBA gift cards, bags of money, etc." for those walking out the door soon. Translation; there are a group of people on the MEC who now think that the younger age groups should be willing to give A plan improvements, to only a select group of "senior" pilots and at the cost of universally applied benefits. That sounds like reverse age discrimination to me ? We should only have plans/benefits that apply to all pilots, especially not one designed to pay more money to the same group that has already enjoyed 5 more years of living at the top of the food chain! Our NC preserved our pension, for all, and improved our B fund. What else could we really expect and hope for more than that? Improving an industry leading penion was never a valid option, but adding more money to the B fund is a great way to adjust for inflation and have more money in an individuals control. We continue to have the BEST of both worlds.

If this concerns you, please contact your rep, ask questions and demand that the MEC allow the NC to take this deal then to send it out to us for a vote. If it is not a TA, then make it one; CONTRACT NOW is here, let's not grasp defeat from jaws of victory. It is time for the line pilots to evaluate this deal and let us all move on with our lives.

Funiest post ever!!!!