View Single Post
Old 08-20-2015, 09:22 PM
newKnow
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: 765-A

Originally Posted by Doug Madsen View Post
YHGTBSM!

Read Randy's letter, and then please respond to ANY of the allegations he made regarding Council communiques that were grossly inaccurate.

I'll be waiting.
Ok. I'm your Huckleberry....

Let's start with the first allegation and go from there....

From the letter:

“The initial 8% hourly pay increase in the TA is offset by some 4% with the JV production balance, sick leave, and productivity concessions for a net increase of roughly 4%.”
—Council 1 Chairman’s Update #2 (6/29/15)

This same inaccuracy was subsequently made in the letter signed by the 10 LEC officers who did not support the TA. The statement is factually and mathematically inaccurate, has no basis in financial terms, and even the authors are unable to provide any numbers that would establish even the slightest hint of factual basis. The MEC was briefed numerous times throughout the negotiating process about costing of the TA. This accusation is so obviously incorrect that it must have been constructed by someone not even present at the numerous MEC meetings. Yet it was included in several official council communications. The author(s) apparently intended this statement to be inflammatory and incite an emotional response during the ratification process. To accomplish that task, elected reps intentionally misled the pilot group.
While the author aggressively attacks the accuracy of the claim of the 4% offset, he never disputes the fact that there was at least SOME offset of the initial 8% raise by the concessions. His only claim seems to be that the original poster can't prove it's exactly 4%.

Do you and the former council chair really think it mattered to the pilot group whether or not the 8% raise was offset by 4%, or 1%, ummm because we didn't.

The fact is, the 8% raise WAS offset by numerous concessions. (Sick leave changes, JV language, LC/FO flying, productivity increases, etc.). That's all that mattered to any of us.

Personally, I can come up with numerous reasons why, for most of us, the 8% raise would have been gobbled up by the other concessions in the TA. But, I won't get into it right now. But, if you want me to, I can.

Your wait is over. So, let's go....