View Single Post
Old 08-21-2015, 07:13 AM
Ferd149
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: LAX ERA

Originally Posted by Doug Madsen View Post
OK - let's take them one at a time.

Sick Leave - what did you lose here? The ability to call in sick (a lot) when you're not sick? You didn't lose any sick leave credit hours. You didn't lose the value of pay for using any sick leave. You simply may be required to provide some proof that you're actually eligible to use this benefit. Is that so unreasonable? And what about the improvements in this area? FAA leave, disability bank, improvements to psychiatric benefits. Isn't it quite possible that those improvements exceeded any perceived concession of the sick leave language?

JV language - what about the improvements in scope? Increased fragmentation protection, improved affiliate language, DCI fleet reduction, block hour ratio? Isn't it quite possible that those improvements exceeded the perceived value of the JV language change?

LC/FO and other productivity increases - what about all of the improvements in work rules? Reroute, end of month carryover improvements, vacation pay, CQ pay, reserve short call credit, etc. Isn't it quite possible that those improvements exceeded the value of the LC/FO change?

And back to the core issue - so, it doesn't bother you that a local council, despite being briefed extensively on all of the exact costing of the various issues, makes a claim that is no where near reality? While simultaneously ignoring the offsetting improvements in each of these areas?

Next?
No, none of your improvements were worth the threat of a 3rd party company staffing the AME office who would verify your sick. I had long discussions about this with two reps who would/could tell me only that it wouldn't be Sedgwick. The only thing said about the office was that the AME and the record keeper would be Delta employees.....no one else. We were either looking at a contractor who would tie us up in paperwork just to get your sick leave paid, or ALPA and the company flat hadn't worked out the logistical details.

Also, I had a State sick that used up 12 days this year so far. So, under the TA I would have had to get a verification for any and all headcolds etc for the remainder of the year......yeah thats user friendly.

The gains you talk about for sick leave were just spraying deodorizer on a turd.

Anyway, my take on it.........

It's done........time to move forward.

Ferd